Random things I’ve learned about myself while I’ve been home in Kansas:
- It’s really hard watching your parents struggle with their health as they grow older
- I’m more patient than I knew
- I’m longing for my Egyptian roots like I never have before
- Things don’t bother me like they used to
- I’m more in tune with myself, on a deeper level that I never knew existed
- I’ve finally found my voice, and I’m not afraid to use it like I was for so many decades
- I’m becoming more comfortable with not knowing what’s next
Over the past two years, I’ve been working really hard, processing my past trauma so I can move forward. I can really feel the growth I’ve experienced during my time here.
I will share more when my schedule is back to normal, but please know that you are not alone. If you’re struggling with your mental health, help is out there. It’s truly life-changing how having the right tools can improve your coping skills, help you grow, and move forward in ways you may not even know were possible.
A good first step is to get a mental health screening from my partner, Mental Health America. It’s a quick and easy way to determine whether you’re experiencing symptoms of a mental health condition. It’s free, confidential, and anonymous. Get started here.